As part of our summer Greece trip we stayed five wonderful nights at the Westin Costa Navarino in the Peloponnese region. We drove here from Stoupa, Greece and stopped at the Polylimnio Waterfalls on the way. Both Stoupa and the waterfalls are highly recommended and have a different feel than the Westin. The Westin is a more typical resort but there is still a huge lack of tourists in the Peloponnese. We were one of the few tourists in this part of Greece and we saw maybe one other American.
The Westin Costa Navarino is part of the Marriott chain and it is possible to redeem points here. We were very fortunate to be able to book five nights all on the points in peak summer time. At the time we booked the hotel it was 35,000 points a night and because we booked five nights we got the last night free. On all Marriott award redemptions the fifth night is free. This was a great value of using points as the rooms can go for over $400 a night in the summer.
What to Do
Even if you aren’t able to use points, the Westin Costa Navarino is a truly great resort. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and we were able to enjoy some of the activities at the resort and nearby areas. The Westin is a great base for exploring this part of the Peloponnese. Just a few of the activities nearby include:
- Enjoy the beautiful property at Costa Navarino with hundreds of private pools, a water park, a gorgeous beach, and a golf course.
- Try one of the many restaurants at the property or take a short drive to the small town of Gialova for even better and more affordable options.
- Take a dip and hike around one of the prettiest beaches in the world at Voidokilia Beach.
- Drive south to explore other beaches and towns including Pylos, Methoni, and Koroni.
- Stop by the actual site of Palace of Nestor which is described described in Homer’s Odyssey and Iliad.
- Explore the ruins of Ancient Messene which consists of a whole city from the 3rd century BC.
- Hike the Polylimnio Waterfalls while enjoying the crisp cool waters.